Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Week 8 EOC: Phileas Fogg Adventure

It was a hot summer night for the adventurous professor, Phileas Fogg, ready to go home after a long day of grading archeology reports in his office.  As I was getting ready to walk out of my office, I hear a knock on my door, and I wondered who could it be at this time.  When I opened the door, there was no one there, as I looked down I saw this box wrapped as a gift. The box had a card that said, "To: Phileas Fogg, From: Yelena, de La Isla Del Encanto". When I read this I was very confused because I had no idea what that meant. As I unwrapped the box I was very curious to see what was inside. When I finally got it opened I was amazed of what was in it. It was a meal. I was extremely hungry after grading all of those papers, so I decided to try this dish. It was shrimp covered in a rich red sauce. When I to taste it, and as I was putting it into my mouth I could taste the explosion of the flavors that this amazing dish had. It was very spicy, savory, and crunchy. I knew this dish wasn't from anywhere close to where I was in, I had to find out from where this dish came from. I decided to go to one of my Hispanic friend's house, Julian, to find out what the card meant. Julian told me it meant that it was from a women named Yelena that is from the Island of Enchantment. I was very confused because I still didn't know what that meant. My friend Julian told me that Puerto Rico is known to be La Isla Del Encanto. I knew I had to go to Puerto Rico to find the women that sent me this delicious dish. Julian decided to come with me to Puerto Rico. When we got to the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, Julian and I decided to go to a bar in Cayey. When we were in the bar I heard a man say "Yelena". I decided to go up to him, and I asked him if he knew where she was at. He said "she is hard to find". He told me that she lived in a cave, very deep in the forest of Cayey, Puerto Rico.  I decided to go to that cave, but certainly it wasn't easy to get there. There were mountains and trees that I had to climb. There were also raging rocky rivers that I had to swim through, then I finally found the cave were Yelena was at. Yelena was very beautiful, she had long black hair. After admiring her beauty, I decided to ask her about the wonderful savory shrimp that she sent me. She gave me a glass bottle that had a red substance inside that sort of look like a red sand. I decided to take the lid off the bottle and I smelled it; smelling this substance really burned. I decided to taste it, and it seem to taste like a truly crushed red pepper. I asked her to tell me where this came from and she told me that thousands of years ago, the people of Puerto Rico found beautiful exotic red peppers. I asked Yelena how she made that savory shrimp, and she told me that the shrimp was fried to perfection, and other types of peppers where mixed together to be added on to the shrimp. Then she told me that one of the secret ingredient to that wonderful shrimp that I tasted was that crushed red pepper that I had in my hands. I was amazed that I had the secret ingredient in my hands, and so I asked her if she was willing to be a part of my future adventures, and unexpectedly she said, "yes ". Because of Yelena I had one of the best experience finding a delicious spicy shrimp in Puerto Rico. 

No comments:

Post a Comment