Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Target Market Strategy

The art and science of choosing target markets and building profitable relationships with them.” (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong /Kotler, p.9) When a company knows their target market, they have a better idea of how to market their product. When the company is aware and they know exactly their target consumer, the company will know have more profitably.  They will also not waste their time trying to market to other consumers. For my Phileas Fogg snack, Enchilado de Camarones corn chips, my target market are those who enjoy alcohol drink along with a side of a delicious spicy snack. My snack is targeted to those who are outgoing, and are adventurous. The company must first decide who it will serve. It does this by dividing the market into segments of customers (market segmentation) and selecting which segments it will go after target marketing).” (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong /Kotler, p.9)  I decided to serve a crowd of people who are outgoing because I want my snack to help my consumer socialize with other around a bar, for example. I want a target market that is enthusiastic, friendly, and very outgoing. When people go to a bar or a club, they go to drink, snack on, and socialize. That is why my snack is the perfect snack that will help consumers who enjoy drinking alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment