Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Promotion

Promotion is the basic way to encourage consumers to try a new product or service. “Promotion: Developing and spreading persuasive communications about an offer.” (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong /Kotler, p.313) One of the basic things that a company needs in order to make profit and be known as a company is a web site. The time that we live in makes a company have to have a website because of the time that we spend online. The first thing that I would do to be able to promote my product is by building a website for my Phileas Fogg snack. My website will have all of the information about my product. That website will also be the main place where people can ask/ have any questions or concerns. My website will also have information about where my product can be purchased. The website will also have the addresses of my consumer’s local bar/ and or club. The website that I will have for my Phileas Fogg snack will also be a place where consumers can get coupons to buy my snack. My website will also be up to date, and will also feature new locations that my product will be sold in the future. Another way that I would like to promote my product is by having a Tumblr and an Instagram where my consumers can post videos and pictures of them enjoying my delicious snack. Whenever they would post something on my snack’s Tumblr and Instagram they will get a special offer to go back and buy my snack again. “Promotion spending is relatively high to inform consumers of the new product and get them to try it.” (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong /Kotler, p.259) Since promotion can be very expensive I would also partner with major alcohol and soda beverage to promote my products.

No comments:

Post a Comment