Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Product

Final Product
The idea that consumers will favor products that are available and highly affordable and that the organization should therefore focus on improving production and distribution efficiency.” (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong /Kotler, p.10) The product that a company offers must be good in order to be desirable for a consumer to purchase. My Phileas Fogg corn chips (2.5oz), Enchilado de Camarones, (Spicy Shrimp), will have what the consumer wants. My product will serve a great quality of ingredients. My product will be a like a corn chip; it will be toasted shrimp with a traditional flavor of spicy shrimp. My snack will be somewhat light, but its delicious spicy flavors will make it very desiring to eat. I decided to go with a traditional Latin shrimp dish because I believe that anyone would enjoy the spices of my snack to go with their alcohol beverage. For me there has to be a spice in my snacks in order to enjoy it, and I know that other people would enjoy my snack as well. The spice of my shrimp snack will make people want to drink more, which will also help the sales of my snack as well as other alcohol beverages. “The product concept holds that consumers will favor products that offer the most in quality, performance, and innovative features. (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong /Kotler, p.10) The concept of my delicious snack will want people to purchase my snack because of its flavors and unique visualization. Since my product will be similar to other corn chips that are available in the market, I decided to go with a different style of packaging.
Since my snack will be made out of red peppers, I decided that my packaging will be in shape of a pepper as well as a color of a red pepper. Marketers would answer that they include packaging as just one of many product decisions.(Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong /Kotler, p.54) The packaging of my product has to be unique and interesting so that consumers will be willing to try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment