Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Week 3 EOC: My Demographics


The Millennials (or Generation Y) generation is considered to be "both the baby boomers and Gen Xers will one day be passing the reins to the Millennials (also called Generation Y or the echo boomers). Born between 1977 and 2000, these children of the baby boomers number 83 million, dwarfing the Gen Xers and larger even than the baby boomer segment. This group includes several age cohorts: tweens (aged 9–12), teens (13–18), and young adults (19–32). With total purchasing power of more than $733 billion, the Millennials make up a huge and attractive market. (Marketing an Introduction, Armstrong, P.73) The Millennials are the 83 million children of the baby boomers. According to this definition I fit into the Millennials generation. I would be consider to be a young adult. According to our Marketing book, what Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. I do believe this is true, because in my case I do love technology and when something new in the technology industry comes out, I enjoy knowing how to work it. I also do like electronics and I am very comfortable with technology. In the book they say that as Millennials, we "don't embrace technology, it's a way of life." I also agree with this statement because everything that I do involves technology. For example, I do all of my homework with a computer, and I am always on my phone. There is not one day where I do not use technology in my life, I always do. We not only have computers available, but we also have grown up with cellphones, satellite TV, iPods, and online social networks. I have do have access to all of the things just mentioned. We are the generation that uses most of the technology, and I do agree that we are. The definition that our Marketing book has about the generation Millennials, I do believe that it is on point and I also believe that it describes me one-hundred percent.
Sources: http://digitalbookshelf.artinstitutes.edu/#/books/9780558851903/pages/48921802

No comments:

Post a Comment